Insmed supports medical and scientific research that is initiated and carried out by non-Insmed scientists, clinicians, and organizations.
Insmed will consider providing financial support and/or product supply for novel research proposals that answer important scientific and medical questions in areas of interest for the Company. Grant recipients have the right to publish the results of the study and maintain full control over the research project objectives, design, conduct, data analysis, and interpretation.
Areas of interest – NTM lung disease
- Incidence trends in: different age groups; nutritional conditions; population subgroups at increased risk
Biomarkers and disease impact
- Biomarkers of disease severity/burden
- Direct and indirect costs
- Isolates characterization
- NTM clinical diagnosis
Disease Etiology and Management
- Natural history
- Evolution of the untreated NTM lung infection
- Therapy implementation: timing, compliance, and impact on recurrence rate
- Outcomes related to timing, age, nutritional status, and concomitant diseases